St. Aidan Orthodox Church Covid protocols as of Aug. 28.2021
The BC Provincial Health Order (PHO) presently in place has mandated indoor mask use, restricted indoor gatherings to 50 people, and indicated they are bringing in a Covid vaccination passport requirement to enter certain facilities and businesses throughout the province. They have however exempted religious gatherings and worship services from all of these requirements, while encouraging faith communities to put in place such measures as they deem appropriate to their local situation.
Given the recent rise in the Delta variant in the Cranbrook/Creston and area region, St. Aidan has the following guidelines in place:
- Masks are strongly encouraged while not mandatory. We would ask those not willing or able to wear a mask, particularly if they are not double vaccinated, to practice appropriate social distancing, especially around children under 12 who can’t yet receive vaccination protection.
- We will not be setting any pre-registration requirements as we very seldom would get 50 or more attendees at any service, but would ask that individuals and family groups do attempt to maintain a reasonable space between themselves.
- Communion will be continued as is typical in Orthodox practice, with one spoon at the chalice.
- We will continue to have coffee hour after the Divine Liturgy, but it will be held outside in the tent. Rather than large common servings of food, you are encouraged to bring food for yourself and your family, and individually wrapped offerings to share with our guests.
- Of course it goes without saying if you are sick or have any possible Covid symptoms or have been in close contact with a someone with Covid please stay home.
These precautions are subject to change depending upon the growth or reduction of the Delta variable Covid numbers in our immediate region. Any changes will be posted here on our web site and sent out to the parish on the parish group Google e-mail. Should you have any questions or wish to be put on the St. Aidan Google group e-mail, contact Fr. Andrew at 250-420-1582 email@example.com.